Vicky Kaushal’s Sardar Udham won five National Awards, including Best Hindi Film. But the actor was not disappointed when he missed out on the Best Actor award, which went to Allu Arjun.
In an exclusive conversation with India Today.in, Kaushal said, “Feels wonderful. Finally, after a long time, our film industry is getting all the love and all the films are working, which is great. Films of different genres are getting good responses. I think overall, for the ecosystem, hum sab ke liye, for the makers and the audience, it’s a very lovely environment, which is great.”
Asked if he was disappointed about not winning the Best Actor award, Kaushal said, “Nahi! The thing is that many times, when you get a film, and get to work with a director that you like, you think that’s where your dream has come true, which is genuinely true for Sadar Udham. I am not just saying for the heck of it. Being a Punjabi, that topic, that man, that story is very, very close to my heart.”
“We have been listening to this story since our childhood days and always used to wonder why not many people know about this. So, for me, to eventually get the opportunity was a big deal and, after that, what I got or didn’t get, everything was a bonus. For me, the story to reach the world, to get appreciated, to get resonated, that is everything. After that, for the film to get all the rewards are all bonuses. I don’t have any qualms.”
Also Read: Upcoming High-Budget Movies of 2023
Kaushal’s response is a refreshing reminder that the most important thing is to tell a good story and connect with audiences. His humility and grace in the face of disappointment are admirable.
Kaushal has a number of exciting projects in the pipeline, including:
- Sam Manekshaw: A biopic of the legendary Indian field marshal Sam Manekshaw, directed by Meghna Gulzar. Kaushal will be playing the titular role in this much-anticipated film.
- The Immortal Ashwatthama: A superhero film directed by Aditya Dhar, who also directed Kaushal in the blockbuster war film Uri: The Surgical Strike. Kaushal will be playing the titular role in this film, which is based on the Indian epic Mahabharata.
Allu Arjun Future Projects:
Allu Arjun who won the title of the Best Actor award is one of the most popular and sought-after actors in Indian cinema today. He has a number of exciting projects in the pipeline.
- Pushpa: The Rule: The sequel to his blockbuster film Pushpa: The Rise, which is expected to be released in 2024.
- Untitled project with Koratala Siva: A big-budget action thriller directed by one of the most successful Telugu directors of recent times.
- Untitled project with Sandeep Reddy Vanga: A collaboration between Allu Arjun and the director of the critically acclaimed film Arjun Reddy.
- Untitled project with Bhushan Kumar: A Hindi film produced by one of the biggest production houses in India.